Ed Gjertsen II, CFP®
Ed works closely with clients to provide clarity and direction in their financial lives. He specializes in comprehensive financial planning, guiding his clients to organize their finances, develop and review their financial goals, along with implementing strategies to achieve financial independence.
He collaborates with his clients’ tax professionals, estate planning attorneys, and other professionals to help coordinate and strengthen their financial plans in today’s complex financial world.
Ed is the founder of Engage Wealth Group, LLC. A Fee-Only financial advisory firm built on the philosophy that financial planning and portfolio management should be transparent, individualized, and most important collaborative. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, he has been serving the financial planning needs of clients for over twenty-five years.
A sought-after industry expert, Ed has presented locally, nationally, and internationally on a wide range of personal finance topics and industry trends. He is frequently featured in numerous local and national media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNBC, Bloomberg, NPR, ABC, MSN, Barron’s, The Journal of Financial Planning, AARP Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, WBBM Noon Business Hour and Yahoo Finance.
Ed proudly served the profession as the National Chairman of the Financial Planning Association’s Board of Directors, leading 22,000 active members. He is a co-founder of the FPA National Diversity & Inclusion Initiative and is past President and Chairman of the Financial Planning Association of Illinois, one of the nation’s largest Chapters. He is a recipient of the FPA of Illinois Heart of Financial Planning Distinguished Service Award.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Illinois State University and is recognized as a distinguished alumnus. He resides in Winnetka, Illinois, with his wife and two children.
Present and Past
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Northwestern University CFP® Advisory Board
- 2015-2016 National President, Chairman, Financial Planning Association
- 2009-2012 National Board of Directors, Financial Planning Association
- Co-Founder, Financial Planning Association Diversity & Inclusion Initiative
- Past President, Chairman, Financial Planning Association Illinois
- Heart of Financial Planning Distinguished Service Award, FPA Illinois
Engage Wealth & TD Ameritrade Institutional
Rest assured knowing your money is with an established institution you can trust
TD Ameritrade Institutional is one of the world’s largest custodians serving the Registered Investment Advisor community. For decades, they have been an award-winning leader of custody and clearing services.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. provides investing and trading services for 11 million client accounts that total more than $1 trillion in assets, and custodial services for more than 6,000 independent registered investment advisors.
- TD Ameritrade Institutional provides clearing, custody, or other brokerage services to Engage Wealth Group, LLC. through TD Ameritrade, Inc., & TD Ameritrade Clearing, Inc., members FINRA/SIPC.
- Working with TD Ameritrade Institutional gives Engage Wealth Group, LLC. access to a wide range of institutional products and services that can help us serve the needs of our clients.
- Through our relationship with TD Ameritrade Institutional, you will receive a straight-forward, consolidated statement each month reflecting all your investment positions and transactions in your account.
Our firm values the unparalleled, industry-leading support they provide to ensure each of our clients receives the best possible experience when working with our firm.